dimecres, 28 d’abril del 2010

How to install many Dictionaries on Windows Live Writer

 

I usually write in Castilian and Catalan, and sometimes in English, German or French. When I try to edit my blog from Windows Live Writer, I find that you have for check the spelling only the dictionaries installed with the program, this is, only English and another language. So if I want to install Windows Live Writer in Catalan, you only find dictionaries in English and Catalan. This isn’t very useful for a blogger like me, because sometimes I need to write in Castilian, other in Catalan, and other in English.

I decided to investigate a little and finally I found a solution. Install any version Language you want to check the grammar, for example, Castilian, Russian, Korean… After that, go to Program Files/Windows Live/Writer/Dictionaries and copy the dictionary you need. In my case I copy two files: mssp7es.dll and mssp7es.lex, which are the Spanish dictionaries. Copy them anywhere. After that install other Windows Live Writer language version, for example, Catalan. Install the program and then close it. When you are finished, copy mssp7es.dll and mssp7es.lex files in Program Files/Windows Live/Writer/Dictionaries. Restart the program.

When you start a new message you can change the language dictionary from Tools – Options – Languages. After that you will be able to check the spelling in any language you want.

Fran Cadenas

IES Joan Fuster (Bellreguard, Europe)